Sometimes the subway can go really full or even collapse at peak (8-9 am), noon or late afternoon hours, as are the times when most people move into their jobs or return home.
If you are also shy away from those travelers who prefer the subway or take alternative transportation where you can go over the surface enjoying the scenery, this article will help you to know different alternatives to move around Barcelona.
- Bus: in Barcelona you can find a large fleet of buses that travel throughout the city and the metropolitan area populations. The bus service is made up of a network of buses day and one night, which happens less often and whose tours are limited to the main streets of the city. To use the bus you can use a single ticket, which costs € 2.15, or buy a combined ticket. The cheapest is the 10-trip ticket (T10), at a price of 9.95 €. These combined tickets are also used for other public transport in the city. In the following link you can see the different existing combined tickets on the official website.
- Tram: Tram schedule is Monday through Thursday from 5h to 24h, Friday, Saturday and eves from 5h to 2h, and Sunday from 5h to 24h. In August variations usually occur on schedule, so we recommend consulting the official website. In total there are 6 lines, unconnected operating in the north and south of the city. The TRAM does not reach the city center, which will only be useful for equipment moves from areas near the Camp Nou, Diagonal, Clot, Arc de Triomphe or the Diagonal Mar.
- Train (Rodalies RENFE): to move you around Barcelona you can also use the train, but you will not find much difference from the metro, as it is also underground and step frequency is much lower.
- Bike: a transportation system highly recommended to know the part of the Port, Barceloneta, Passeig Marítim or near Clot or Diagonal Mar. The rest of the city you can also go through the different bike lanes, but the ups and downs no favor the use of this means of transport, especially during the hottest months in the city.
- Taxi: an alternative that you can always pull through. The diferenciaréis of other vegetables easily: black cars with yellow doors. You have only to raise his arm (in advance, otherwise the Taxi will spend long) and soon will have one seconds. If you want me to come to look for a certain place at a certain time you can call the central reservation (you have an App calculates the cost of the journey). You find more information on its website.
- Seegway: a new alternative to discover the city. It is more expensive than the above options, but it is something different and that you can be very useful. Currently there are some areas that can not run with Seegway, as is the promenade.
- Cable car: only serves to move from the port to the mountain of Montjuic (where you can visit the Estadi Olimpic or MACBA). The views are truly spectacular. The cost is 11 € 16.5 € one way and round trip. You can check timetables on the official website of Telefèrico del Puerto de Barcelona.
- Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat: similar to rodalies. It covers a very specific area of Barcelona. It depends what parts you want to visit Barcelona will be useful, but does not cover the areas of greatest tourist demand.
- Moto: if you are accustomed to using this mode of transport the bike you can be very useful for Barcelona moved away by an agile and fast. If you did not use the bike you in your everyday life do not recommend you start using it in Barcelona, as there is enough traffic on weekdays and experience may not be as good as you expect.